On August 27th, at the China International Intelligent Industry Expo 2019, China Telecom’s Joint Block and Digital Economy Lab released the Whitepaper on Blockchain Smartphones in the 5G Era.
The whitepaper describes a blockchain application ecosystem created by China Telecom, which uses an unique decentralization technology to lead the new revolution in the digital economy, providing a more secure hardware infrastructure for 5G mobile phones and making 5G mobile phones gradually become decentralized. The nodes form a new value transmission network that shapes the mobile phone using a secure ecosystem.
The whitepaper points out that the data assets that people can master in the 5G era will increase significantly regardless of the amount of data or the type and dimension of the data. The 5G era introduces the wide-ranging connection between people and devices, devices to devices. The blockchain can take advantage of smart contracts because of its natural advantages of intelligent contract automation, real-time settlement of value and usage, transaction traceability, and tamper resistance. Automatically form contracts with a large number of units and people and settle in real time, which not only solves the problem of trust, but also saves a lot of manpower and time costs.
The white paper also writes that the mobile wave has transformed our lives. Smartphones have undergone more than a decade of change and growth, as the limitations of hardware and software have gradually reached a bottleneck period. The first thing users feel is that the gap between different phone manufacturers is slowly narrowing, leading to a homogenization of iOS and Android performance. Therefore, the differentiation around the fields of music, photography, battery life and style design is one of the core strategies of Chinese manufacturers in the past few years.
In recent years, a new round of information technology represented by the Internet of Things, blockchain, cloud computing, mobile payment, artificial intelligence, big data technology and fifth-generation mobile communication network technology has developed rapidly in China. The development of these technologies has also brought new directions to the industry, and blockchain mobile phones have emerged. However, the current blockchain mobile phones have not yet been widely produced. Most of the existing blockchain mobile phone merchants have used the blockchain wallet to speculate on the market hotspots, and have not made breakthroughs in blockchain technology. These have hindered their widespread use in the market because of the poor performance of existing blockchain phones.
The whitepaper further points out that China Telecom’s blockchain and digital economy joint lab built a blockchain innovation underlying infrastructure platform, and developed a SIM card-based blockchain digital asset management system. The SIM card is the traffic entry for digital asset management. The asset trading platform is a social ecosystem of real-name digital assets; it integrates a multi-function card, that is, a combination of communication functions and non-communication functions; 2 standards have been released, 17 core models have been developed, and 15 algorithms have been developed. China Telecom aims to collaborate to realize the connection, acquisition, and transaction functions of various blockchain digital assets; in the future, it will work together with mobile phone manufacturers to build an ecosystem to create a 5G blockchain mobile phone that is safe and suitable for users.
The 5G era should allow more people to enjoy the right to obtain high-security and high-performance mobile phones, and ultimately enjoy privacy protection. Security, high-speed, multi-application and low-cost 5G blockchain mobile phones will create huge Economic Opportunities and Business Values. In the 5G era, people will increasingly trust the 5G era blockchain smart phone new terminal that protects privacy, self-controllable, high-rate, personal digital assets and tradable management. 5G era blockchain intelligence Mobile phones should be designed and managed as a soulful product to achieve truly valuable application scenarios.
According to the white paper, 5G blockchain mobile phones have five application scenarios: digital identity authentication, financial applications, supply chain traceability applications, judicial applications and express delivery applications.
- Digital Identity Authentication: Blockchain technology provides yet another new technology path for decentralized digital identities. An identity ID can be used to authenticate a user. Users do not need to remember traditional authentication tokens such as usernames and passwords. Any website can use ID as a way to log in as a user, and it can also act as an ID identity provider, which solves the problem without relying on a centralized website to confirm digital identity.
- Financial application: In the field of credit information, the advantage of 5G blockchain mobile phone is that it can automatically record credit-related information by means of program algorithms, which is transparent, non-tamperable and low in cost. When a commercial bank applies for a loan, the lending institution can directly complete the credit information by directly retrieving the corresponding information data of the digital identity of the 5G blockchain mobile phone after obtaining the user’s authorization, without having to go to the central bank to apply for the credit information inquiry. Reducing legal compliance costs and preventing financial crimes, customer information and transaction records recorded in blockchains help banks identify unusual transactions and effectively prevent fraud.
- Supply Chain Traceability Application: Blockchain technology relies on the existence of non-tamperable data, transaction traceability and time stamp proof of existence mechanism. 5G blockchain mobile phone as a carrier can solve various participants in the supply chain system. The disputes arising from the tampering of the data, effective accountability and product anti-counterfeiting, can open up procurement, production, logistics, sales, and supervision.
- Judicial application: 5G blockchain mobile phones can introduce real-time dimensions into electronic data through consensus algorithms. Safeguard the secure storage of electronic evidence and not to tamper with it. The blockchain-based electronic evidence generation, storage, extraction and verification system will be able to guarantee the authenticity and authenticity of electronic data as evidence, thus confirming the authenticity and legal validity of Internet behavior.
- Express delivery industry applications: (1) delivery information security, 5G blockchain mobile phone can use digital signature and public and private key encryption and decryption mechanism, can fully guarantee the sender and recipient and other delivery information security. In the delivery process, only the mobile phone private key signatures of both parties are required, and it is only necessary to query the blockchain for signing; (2) Product traceability, through the blockchain technology, the entire process of sales and delivery of express goods can be traced, 5G block The real name of the chain mobile phone, when the fake goods are found, can be traced back to the sender, when the fraud occurs, it can be traced, effectively solving the problem of traceability and anti-counterfeiting of the goods.
The white paper pointed out that China Telecom’s blockchain and digital economy joint laboratory put forward a key problem in the traditional mobile phone, such as “replacement” fraud, telephone harassment, mobile phone loss, and information unreliability, combined with blockchain and 5G technologies. Blockchain mobile phone research solution for “security platform, independent authentication, multi-level application”.
- Build a 5G blockchain mobile security platform
Telecom operators not only have a huge information network and information infrastructure, but also have rich user resources and data resources. The laboratory has built a platform for China Telecom’s blockchain and digital economy infrastructure innovation facilities, with 5G technology as the key technology, focusing on research and development of security functions, and can be freely switched to the blockchain security mode on the ordinary mobile phone.
In the safe mode, the user’s communication and Internet access functions ensure secure privacy protection; communication does not eavesdrop, the Internet does not leave marks, and digital assets are safely operated; various asset safes have high safety factor; the platform can implement cross-chaining and become a block. The basic platform of the chain ecology, similar to the “TCP/IP” protocol, truly realizes the interconnection of various chains.
2. Independent identity authentication: SIM card private key storage, real name loading
The authentication factor is combined with big data AI technology and blockchain technology to carry real-name authentication, and its multiple combinations are used as independent digital identity authentication. Loaded biometrics through measurements of innate authentication factors including measurements of physiological characteristics (eg, facial, voiceprint, fingerprint, iris, etc.) and measurement of behavioral characteristics (eg, handwriting, gait, lip language, typing rhythm, etc.) Used to load blockchain technology when used for authentication.
3. Multi-level security application
(1) Anti-fraud: ensure trust transparency, realize one-to-one correspondence between numbers and identities
One of the future developments of the blockchain is the “Secure Digital ID”, which can reduce at least two main types of fraud – roaming fraud and identity leakage. solution:
Implementing the call transaction chain to the customer target group, using the private key signature, each time the user triggers an event, a smart contract is executed, allowing instant authentication and authorization settlement to occur in real time, preventing the target group from being deceived through technical means such as multi-party intervention. The target group includes people who are highly sensitive to call security, such as the military, financial people, etc.; vulnerable groups, such as the elderly.
China Telecom uses the unique advantages of SIM card publishers to bind the ID and private keys to the SIM card by means of blockchain technology, and the certification authority acts as a chain node to upload the electronic certificate to the blockchain file platform. Using your own private key for public-private key pairing, you can complete the academic qualifications, and the employer can also query the information of the blockchain platform to solve the technical problem of verifying that “I am me.”
(2) Anti-harassment: integration of operators and manufacturers data to achieve an anti-harassment ecosystem
Telecommunications will use its large user base to design a two-dimensional solution for anti-harassment and anti-malware. Through the blockchain, the anti-harassment data of operators and manufacturers will be integrated (as shown below) to realize the anti-harassment system ecosystem, realize data sharing and improve transparency. At the same time, the chain structure of the blockchain is used to trace the user’s harassment mark to prevent malicious markup.
(3) Anti-lost: Create a blacklist shared account book, anti-theft and anti-lost
Using blockchain technology to create a trusted IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) blacklist shared account book, all authorized parties can share information and add new entries on the secure network, using blockchain for encryption; When a mobile device is blacklisted, all network operators immediately receive information via block links, making it difficult for criminals to use devices from other providers’ SIM cards. If the customer tracks their stolen smartphone or realizes that it is just misplaced, the network operator can be asked to recover the device from the blacklist. This solution allows network operators, smartphone manufacturers, and end users anywhere to identify and disable stolen devices.